Hello, North America!

It is an exciting week in our house. The Color of Tea (yes, that’s right, no ‘u’ in color ;-)) is finally launched in North America. Yahoooooo!!!

We have been waiting for this for some time and now the moment is here. To celebrate my husband did something unprecedented and fantastic (as he is wont to do because he is, well… Awesome). I will attach a photo of it so you can see for yourself:

Vanilla macaron

Matt's marvellous macaron.

Can you believe it? His first attempt at making macarons and they were both delicious and ridiculously pretty. Vanilla flavoured, flecked with coconut, sandwiched together with a white chocolate and macadamia ganache filling. The shells were crisp with tender, chewy centres and lovely little pied (the little frill on the bottom). They were perfectly sweet and almond-y, the ganache satisfying creamy and dotted with nuggets of macadamia for texture. Did I mention that he is Awesome? [Shameless capital A, I know, but it is True] My sister and her husband came over for dinner and we raised glasses and cheers-ed my little book making its debut in the big continent. Like watching your child take his / her first steps out into the wide world I feel both stunned and proud.

If you are in North America I do hope you will check out my little book and give it a read. The good people at Scribner and Simon and Schuster have worked so diligently on it to make it as good as it can be. I cannot thank them (particularly Whitney Frick who is my wonderful, kind and enthusiastic editor) enough. It is, just like they say in the movies, a dream come true.

9 Comments on Hello, North America!

1. Monica Wiswell
    June 7, 2012 at 4:16 pm (5 years ago)

Today I received my copy in Nova Scotia through Amazon.ca I’m looking forward to the reading!!!

• Hannah
      June 9, 2012 at 9:12 am (5 years ago)

Yay! Let me know what you think Monica x

2. Ria
    June 7, 2012 at 5:04 pm (5 years ago)

Yay! Huzzah! Finally! Although, since I’m in that special group of people in Canada who got the book last year, I’m puffing up my feathers even more. Virtual hugs to you!

3. eden
    June 11, 2012 at 5:15 pm (5 years ago)

I picked up your “little book” on Friday at the University Book Store in Seattle, WA USA. I read it at bedtime. I read it after breakfast on Saturday. I read it in the car on the way to my husband’s soccer match… you get the idea. I’m deep in Grace’s world and care deeply about what is going to happen to her. Well Done!

• Hannah
      June 13, 2012 at 2:52 am (5 years ago)

Hi Eden, Thank you so much for your comment!! Great to hear from you over in Seattle, I do hope you enjoy the rest of the book. Very best wishes, Hannah x

4. Terri
    September 6, 2012 at 6:01 pm (5 years ago)

I live in Burnaby, Canada and ordered your book a week or so ago on Amazon – read it in 2 days – I feel like Grace is a dear friend and find myself wondering how she is doing now …. such a wonderful ending!!

I am anxiously awaiting your next book!

• Hannah
      September 14, 2012 at 10:45 am (5 years ago)

Thank you Terri! So glad you enjoyed it! Hannah x

5. Shannon Anderson
    October 28, 2012 at 7:44 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Hannah,

I finished your wonderful book The Color of Tea on Saturday night, and I must say, it is one of the best books I have read in a very long time and one I will read again. I picked it up in the “new” section of our public library on a whim. I had finished my other book club book and wanted to read something I liked for a while. I was only disappointed in one respect: I finished the book far too soon. I could not put it down, and I cried at the end. It was such a lovely story that I think I will purchase the book. It also inspired me to try my hand at making macarons. I can’t wait to try them. I’m intrigued by the flavors you describe in the book and the process of making them. I hope you are hard at work on another story because the world will be waiting for it! All the best from Wisconsin in the U. S. Please keep writing.

Shannon Anderson

• Hannah
      November 19, 2012 at 5:22 am (4 years ago)

Dear Shannon,
      I’m so sorry it has taken me so long to reply, for some reason I didn’t see your comment until now! Thank you so much for such a lovely message. It really buoys me up to hear from readers who have enjoyed the book. I am thrilled that you cried! lol! Yes, I am hard at work on another story at the moment. I hope it will be out in the world in the not too distant future. If you read it I’d love to hear from you again and know your thoughts 🙂
      Very best wishes,
      Hannah x
      PS. If you want a macaron recipe I would be happy to send you one!